January 05, 2009

New Year, new posts...

So, I have never been too jacked up about New Year's. I mean, it's just a day, right? I mean, I never actually feel different from December 31st to January 1st, so what's the big deal?

But this year, I do feel different. This year I understand that a new year is symbolic of new possibilities and new opportunities and most importantly a clean slate. This year I do see a difference between December 31st and January 1st and even though it's already the 5th I am still praying for that Happy New Year.

No matter what the circumstances though I have to admit that God is in control and He has ordained everything that has happened will happen.
1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

No matter how this year turns out there is something oddly comforting that God has already got it mapped out. And as this chapter continues in Ecclesiastes I know that He has "made all things beautiful in His time..."

I can't, He must. And He will.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are right this year has a sense of something new and hopeful. Knowing God is in control is already a good start to what will be a bright and welcoming new year.

SoJourner said...

Good year indeed. Check out my blog at achristfollower.blogspot.com I think the year is all ready showing promise just because God is indeed in control, and God is Good ALL THE TIME.

SoJourner said...

Hi Bud,
How do I set myself up as a follower of this blog.
Love
Dad